#header-inner {background-position: center !important; width: 100% !important;}

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Best-Ever Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Pin It
I don't have much to say about these cookies, except that they are THE BEST and I think Ryan loves me a little more each time I make them. I was first introduced to these in high school when one of my best friends made these and have been hooked since. They have the best flavor and the best texture...enough talking about them, just make them and see if you agree :)

Updated in November 2011--these are still a staple in our house each fall. I make a batch and we literally devour it within a few days...these little gems are just irresistible! Yes, they're full of sugar. And shortening. And chocolate chips. But pumpkin is a vegetable, so it all evens out right? That's what I tell myself after I eat 10 in a night! :) Try them, I dare you to find a better pumpkin cookie!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
from Colleen
Ingredients:
-2 cups sugar
-15 oz. can of pumpkin puree
-1 cup shortening
-4 cups flour
-2 teaspoons baking powder
-2 teaspoons baking soda
-2 teaspoons cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-12 oz chocolate chips (dark chocolate is especially good!)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix sugar, pumpkin, and shortening in a large bowl until combined.
3. Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl and add to the pumpkin mixture, blending well.

4. Drop large tablespoons of batter onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes.

**my friend always stored these in a container with a slice of bread to keep the cookies soft, but I never have and they've stayed soft...probably because we eat the entire batch before they have a chance to get hard!


**I usually make my cookies pretty small because they fall apart if they get too big but know that this recipe makes a LOT of cookies (I got 100 this time!), so just share with your friends...they'll be thrilled!