#header-inner {background-position: center !important; width: 100% !important;}

Monday, September 28, 2009

Tortilla Pinwheels



When trying to determine what I all wanted to serve for game night, I found this yummy-sounding recipe. I liked that it could be made ahead of time and it was easy to make. These were a hit! I only tried one, but I had a few licks of the filling when I was putting it together. These were great dipped in salsa and could easily be altered with different fillings!

Ingredients:
-8 oz sour cream
-8 oz cream cheese
-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used a Mexican blend)
-4 oz chopped black olives
-4 oz chopped green chilies
-1 medium onion, chopped (I used half of a large one)
-8 tortillas (I used 10)
-1 bottle of salsa

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients but the salsa and tortillas in a mixing bowl and blend well.

2. Using a knife, spread a layer of the mixture on a tortilla.

3. Roll the tortilla up and place it in a container.
4. Continue until you run out of tortillas or filling (I filled 10 and still had some filling left over).

5. Refrigerate overnight and slice the next day.
6. Serve with salsa!


Yum! Perfect little appetizer bites! Thanks for sharing your recipe Abby!