#header-inner {background-position: center !important; width: 100% !important;}

Monday, October 5, 2009

Stuffed Mushrooms

Not wanting to let the rest of the imitation crab from our sushi-making adventure go to waste, we decided to make one of Ryan's family's favorite appetizers-stuffed mushrooms. I don't think I'd ever had a stuffed mushroom until I met Ryan. These are an easy but impressive appetizer. My recipe below isn't exact measurements because I was only making a small amount, but this is one of those recipes where as long as you include all of the ingredients, you're good to go! I didn't take a picture of the mushrooms once they were out of the oven, but just picture the ones below a little browner and with melted cheese!

Ingredients:
-1-2 packages of mushrooms (we used one small package that had about 16 mushrooms
-2-3 ounces of cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat)
-green onion, chopped finely (I used about 3)
-imitation crab (I used about 1/3 a package)
-mozzarella cheese

Directions:
1. Wash all mushrooms and remove stems (might need to use a knife to clear out stems so that each mushroom has a hole).
2. Mix your cream cheese, green onion, and crab in a small bowl (I used my food processor to first chop the green onion and crab, and then I added in the cream cheese).
3. Using your fingers, stuff each mushroom hole with the cream cheese mixture.
4. Place a sprinkle of cheese on top of each mushroom, pushing down slightly so that the mozzarella is pushing into the filling.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes, until mushrooms have darkened and cheese is melted and browning.
6. Eat! These are best served warm.

**I had way more crab and green onion than I needed for such a small amount of mushrooms so before I added the cream cheese, I set the extras aside. I'll post next what I did with this extra!