#header-inner {background-position: center !important; width: 100% !important;}

Monday, October 5, 2009

Tilapia Wraps

(some day I'll get a camera that takes better pictures of food close up...bear with me for now!)

This started with a Cooking Light recipe I found for red snapper fish tacos and morphed into tilapia wraps! I did copy the recipe for the lime-cilantro crema which complimented the tilapia perfectly. These were super simple to make (less than 30 minutes total) and both Ryan and I really liked them.

Tilapia Wraps
adapted from Cooking Light's fish tacos

Ingredients:

For the crema:
3 tablespoons mayonnaise (I used light)
3 tablespoons sour cream (I used light)
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
1 garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice* (the original recipe calls for fresh lime juice and grated lime rind, but I didn't have a lime on hand and instead used bottled lime juice)
1/4 teaspoon salt

For the tilapia:
2 tilapia filets
sprinkle of
garlic powder
cumin
basil
black pepper

For the wraps:
2 multi-grain wraps (could also use tortillas)
1 cup of red cabbage, shredded

Directions:
1. Mix the crema ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
2. Sprinkle both sides of each tilapia filet with the seasonings listed above. Cook on a skillet over medium heat for 3-4 minutes a side.
3. Once fish is cooked, add to the wrap and top with sauce & shredded cabbage.

**Note: This made a LOT more crema than we needed for two wraps. I'll soon post how I used the leftovers!