#header-inner {background-position: center !important; width: 100% !important;}

Thursday, December 17, 2009

(Ghirardelli) Chocolate Covered Pretzels


I had an abundance of work events to bake for this past week. I think between Ryan and I, we had four different things we needed to bring treats to! I decided to just bake a bunch of different things and we could take in a combination of whatever sweets we wanted for each of the various lunches or meetings. I'll be posting these over the next several days.

The first of these was chocolate covered pretzels, one of my all-time favorite holiday treats. I know you can eat chocolate covered pretzels at any time of year, but I always associate them with Christmas because they're one of my mom's holiday staples. She usually covers the pretzels rods, but I went with the mini pretzel twists instead.

These turned out outstanding, and I owe all of the credit to Ghirardelli! While chocolate covered pretzels are always good, these were over the top because I used such a high-quality chocolate. I loved the rich chocolate flavor of these and while it's a little tedious to stand and dip each pretzel, it's well worth the extra time and effort!

Ghirardelli Chocolate Covered Pretzels

Ingredients:
-12 oz bag Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
-1 tbsp shortening
-mini pretzel twists
-decorative sprinkles

**Note--I also did white chocolate covered pretzels, using 2 Ghirardelli White Chocolate baking bars, melted in the microwave with 1/2 tbsp shortening.

Directions:
1. In a large glass bowl, microwave the chocolate chips & shortening, stirring every 30 seconds until chocolate is melted and smooth.
2. Individually dip pretzels into the chocolate mixture, fully coating with chocolate and removing with a fork.
3. Place dipped pretzels on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
4. Shake sprinkles onto pretzels.

5. Place filled cookie sheets in freezer until chocolate is hardened. Remove pretzels from wax paper and store in an air tight container in the fridge.

Thanks Ghirardelli for sending me the delicious chocolate chips to make these!!